General Assembly – August 14, 2019
The European Union of Jewish Students believes:
1. In our fundamental values we believe in the solidarity with other minorities.
2. The Roma community shares a history of discrimination and persecution with us.
3. In many countries this history has never been fully acknowledged.
4. The discrimination and persecution of the Roma people is on the rise in Europe and we see it as our responsibility to stand in solidarity with the Roma people and to fight their discrimination.
The European Union of Jewish Students resolves:
1. To recognize the 2nd of August as the European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day.
2. To campaign for national governments, as well as organizations and forums where EUJS is represented, to recognize the 2nd of August as the European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day.
3. Strengthen the awareness of the Roma Genocide, among both Jews and non-Jews.
4. To fight and campaign against the discrimination and persecution of the Roma people.