General Assembly – August 26, 2022
Name of Union Submitting Policy:
Union des étudiants juifs de France – UEJF
Union of Jewish Students – UJS
Jüdische Studierendenunion Deutschland – JSUD
Dutch Union of Jewish Students – IJAR
Unione Giovani Ebrei d’Italia – UGEI
Swiss Union of Jewish Students (SUJS)
Federación de Jóvenes Judíos en España – FEJJE
Jüdische Österreichische HochschülerInnen – JÖH
Jewish Youth of Portugal – JYP
Union des Jeunes Gens Israélites du Luxembourg – UJGIL
Hellenic Jewish Students – ENE
EUJS is an umbrella organisation gathering 36 national Jewish student Unions. In that sense, Unions are the core of EUJS.
EUJS’ main mission is to connect these Unions throughout Europe and support them in developing their national projects.
EUJS believes that:
- EUJS’ role is to support the development of the national students unions.
- Only through the involvement of national students unions can EUJS grow and succeed in its pan-European mission.
- National student unions are in the best position to know the reality of the situation for Jewish students in their country.
EUJS resolves to:
- Offer online meetings every two months bringing together 1 or 3 representatives of each Union.
- Communicate the schedule of these meetings two months in advance from mid- October 2022, so as to allow better organisation and planning of the meetings. The schedule might be subjected to change in case of exceptional circumstances.
- Commit to organise extraordinary meetings at the request of the President, the board or 3 national students unions.
- Contribute to the improvement of the communication and transparency of the organisation by sharing the projects EUJS is currently working on and accept recommendations and advice from the national students unions.
- Strengthen the involvement of the national students unions by letting them submit topics on the agenda until the eve of the next meeting.
- Communicate on new grants, likely to initiate new projects not discussed in another framework of EUJS, if they are subject to disclosure.
- Reinstall the Union outreach officer position to better support and provide help with national students unions’ campaigns and events.